carissagreen50

Carissa Green Reads

I read widely from many genres. Perhaps this blog will feature fewer ratings and reviews, but I certainly intend to write about my reading life - it's the subject I most find myself wanting to talk about.

The Last Voyage of Somebody the Sailor
Walter Kaufmann, Friedrich Nietzsche
A Kierkegaard Anthology
Robert W. Bretall

Back to normal?

Booklikes seems to be working much better this weekend - dare I say even at a normal speed? It makes me happy because I didn't want to abandon this blog for another platform (and believe me, I was close to that point).

I especially appreciate the social network aspect of this site. As I'm sure many of us do, I cross-post my writing here to my Facebook page. And although I know almost all of my 200+ FB friends in real life, my last half-dozen or so blog posts have received practically no response - no likes, no conversation, nothing.

My Booklikes friends, on the other hand, are completely unknown to me in the real world (I'm pretty sure one of you lives in the state to which I am adjacent), but you never fail to show my writing support.

Thanks, everyone. Here's to a smooth and productive 2017 for us readers and writers.

-cg